Monday, June 20, 2005

Yiddish, anyone? OR Yay Mindy!

I was wondering if there's anyone who could help me. I'm translating something from Yiddish for my work, but there's a minor problem. I don't speak Yiddish..at all :/ B"H, my father does, and he's helping me with it, but there were still a few words that we couldn't get. How many do you know?

קוילען
קינסטלער
פארלעגער
אפגשטעלט
ערן וועד
פלאטע
ציפערן
בירגער

Edit: I've got 'em all, thanks to Mindy-see, that chasidish education is definately worthwhile! ;)

4 comments:

TRW said...

Wow!! Thanks!!

1, 2, 6, 8 work!!
3: "his father was a farleger"
4: oops! it's UPgeshelt!
5: "an ern va'ad of paratroopers"
7: "people traveled from tzifern" (I think)

Thanks again, Mindy!!

TRW said...

Ahh...now it all makes sense! Thanks so much, Mindy! That's all I have so far...more to come-eventually..

defen said...

I remember when that counter was over 100 days. Scary thought.

TRW said...

..and you know everything fun to do with the new book is happening Friday night (probably a good thing that I can't go ;) )