Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Contentment

I learned a lesson from my כלה מיידל tonight. Four days before her wedding, IY"H, with stress piling up, and everyone asking her in that worried voice "are you okay?", she provided an answer that was so simple and possibly cliche, but showed me a lot.

"Why should I be worried? I know I made the right choice, and what else should I be worried about?"

Now, in all honesty, there are things to worry about, and she is worrying about them. But the concept of Bridezilla never occurred to her. That she could be obnoxious and demanding, and everyone would do what she wanted anyway, excusing it because "well, she is getting married next week..." did not even cross her mind (maybe it did, but she's doing a pretty good job not showing it!). She's being sweet, caring, and considerate. And if she can be this way at this time, what right have I to be anything but, when I have no such stresses to worry about?

I'm proud to call her my friend. And I wish her the bestest of the bestest (even though she probably won't even read this...)

:)

1 comment:

Scraps said...

Awww. That's very sweet. And it's so nice to know (and be friends with!) people like that. Having known a few "Bridezillas" in my day, it's a real bracha--both for her, that she's able to behave like a human being even under VERY stressful circumstances, and for you and everyone who knows her, not having to put up with bad behavior!