Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Another driving mashal

Was in the car with Stx today and something came up (not gonna say who was driving...;) ) where the driver wanted to switch lanes, but the passanger knew better. Why? There were cars in the other lane. Sometimes they were going faster, sometimes slower. But the other lane looked so enticing...if we'd moved at that time, though, we would have smashed into the car next to us! So we were really where we were supposed to be....

Sometimes other people's lives look so much better, more exciting, etc. But if we'd have their lives, we'd clash (smash) with their situation, cause it's not for us! There's something good about you and what you have. For some people it's harder to see than for others, but it's still there. There's still something that's special about YOU that only YOU have and that makes you who you are. Enjoy it and utilize it to the max!!

8 comments:

flairrah said...

I don't want anyone else's life I just want mine to go in directions it isn't going. I don't want to crash, I just want to merge seamlessly with the rest of traffic.

TRW said...

Leati-I try to only posts that are (relatively) profound...as egoistic as that sounds, I made a concious decision when I started blogging NOT to blog about my life, so it's hard to find good things that I find post-worthy (and many of them aren't so post-worthy, but I just wanna avoid working...;) )

Flairrah-The point is that you can't be the other car-you are NOT going in the same direction; in fact you would be entirely lost if you didn't drive to your destination-on YOUR roads, with YOUR traffic (which occurs for a reason...), and YOUR green lights. What I'm trying to say is that each person has a totally different path, so why would you want to be on anyone else's?

flairrah said...

I don't want someone elses path I just want less stop signs in my own. You see I never wanted to someone else, I couldn't handle thier life, I just wish (wrong or not) that I wasn't stuck in traffic, which I guess is stupid since I am so lucky compared to so many others, that I am being selfish to ask for an easier road.

tinablue87 said...

I think it is nice to have someone to tell you about the other cars, that is what friends are for, to keep you in your lane :).

TRW said...

As long as they don't keep you in the lane for so long that you miss your exit..B"H not a problem I have had for a loooong time

Keren Perles said...

Flairrah--Selfish? You? No. I think that everyone at one point or another wishes they were going faster. Hey, the DRIVER yesterday (who is always, btw) saw that she could NOT merge. Not yet. And it was oh-so-frustrating. Trust me. Good thing TRW was in the car, or who knows what I would have done!

You and TRW aren't disagreeing at all though: SHE says, even though it's frustrating, there are times when you just can't merge; YOU say, even though there are times when you just can't merge, it's frustrating!

Just IMHO...

TRW said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TRW said...

Thanks for clarifying, Stx...it's your eliquence again! Sometimes you know my thoughts better than I do...scary (Or does it have to do with the purple hands? ;) )
And I didn't say who the driver was cause I didn't wanna embarrass anyone!! (The question is was it me or Stx that I was worried about ;) )