Sunday, May 15, 2005

Personal Feelings on Disengagement

I just read on Jack's Shack something called "The Exodus From Gaza," quoted from Daniel Gordis. I suggest that y'all go and read it for an account of a trip by a very insightful father who knows the importance of Eretz Yisroel to his children and his nation. He took his children to Gaza to show them the people that would be involved in the disengagement, the families that would be relocated from their homes, the parks and playgrounds that would be left barren, and the shuls and schools that will no longer echo with the sounds of children learning Torah....

I don't usually get political. I don't have the rhetorical skills for it, and it just gets me frustrated. But I feel very strongly that Eretz Yisroel is ours. It's a little tiny piece of land, and that's all we want. We saw what happened when they discovered Yosef's tomb. They destroyed it. That's not respect. That's not a desire for peace. This whole thing just makes me angry.

Can't we all just get along so Moshiach will come NOW?!

No comments: